Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lessee-- excuses. After Saturday's party I was exhausted, the more so after an obligatory trip to Riverside Sunday for a friend's birthday dinner. I never fully woke up Sunday, and still got less than five hours sleep on Sunday night (A hot flash woke me up).

Monday was better; I worked on Christmas knitting all day, and into a show that night (Roy Zimmerman, a very funny and talented lefty). Because of the show, Monday was also a late night. I slept late on Tuesday, ate breakfast, started a load of laundry, and fell asleep again until almost noon. It was evening before I finished Lorien's hat, for a total of over two days. Those little stocking caps usually take me just over a day. I found some appropriate yarn for the tea cozy I promised Genny (in May, it seemed like I had all the time in the world), experimented with some bulky yarn in loop stitch (It looked dumb), and found the needles I needed for the worsted yarn I settled on. I have two days left. The tea cozy should take two days, but, since I've been knitting very slowly this week, I have my doubts that I'll be done in time.

But, the party being past, it's all downhill from here. Other than finishing the tea cozy, and going to four potlucks in the next eight days, I have no work left in the holidays at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home