Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm going great guns on the second sleeve of the grey alpaca sweater. It looks like I'm going to finish the sweater tomorrow, but it's not impossible that I'll finish tonight.

And why, you may ask, is the knitting going so quickly and smoothly? Because I should be cleaning house for the party we're throwing in less than two weeks. Now, anyone who thinks two weeks is plenty of time for cleaning house before a party obviously has never been in my home. You know how, just before company arrives, you throw everything into a laundry basket and hide it in an unused bedroom? I've done that so many times I can't do it any longer; the unused bedroom is full to the ceiling. This time, decluttering is going to have to involve several trips to the Salvation Army, and a couple of dumpsters, at least.

It has been raining steadily all day. This is entirely a good thing in my neighborhood, and in most of the state, but the canyons that burned this last summer are being evacuated in advance of the heavier rains expected tonight. Good luck to all; may no homes be lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home