Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I am undeniably a morning person. By 8 am today, I had washed yesterday's dishes, folded yesterday's laundry, and woven in the ends of the alpaca sweater.

Yep, I finished knitting it last night. I had Tom try it on, to determine sleeve length and finish. He liked the stockinette curl, and the length was right, so all I had to do was cast off and finish the neckline with a bit of ribbing. I was very pleased with the fit-- I seem to have gotten it right in one. Since it's a finer fabric than I usually knit (I have shown a lazy addiction, thus far, to knitting garments out of bulky or super-bulky yarn), and it's in almost-black in nice, drapey alpaca, it's very slimming. I might have to do one for myself. It wouldn't be right for me to steal Tom's Christmas present back.

A cold front followed yesterday's rainstorm; it was 30 degrees F when I got up this morning. Or is that 30F degrees? Could go either way. I offered Tom the new sweater to wear; he prefers to save its debut for a Chanukah party we're attending this weekend. Said Tom, "My co-workers don't deserve to be the first to see it." That's just as well, since, of course, the ribbing was a little wonky, and needed to be blocked. It's now resting and drying in front of the fan.

I've started the Gaia Shoulder Hug. The directions seem simple enough. It'll keep me busy for a week or two, in combination with the colorwork socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home