Friday, April 02, 2010

I did a lot of knitting yesterday, while catching up on the rest of the shows I recorded while I was away. Today, I pulled it all out. The sock, being of a very inelastic stitch, would barely pull over my heel, in spite of having been knit with more stitches than I usually use. I frogged the sock past the heel, added another 12 stitches over the course of several rows, made the foot part half an inch longer to compensate for its lack of stretch, and continued. Last time I tried it on, it fit fine.

On the way home from dinner tonight, I reminisced about the Easter dresses of my childhood, and confessed that it makes me a little sad to not get a new pastel dress each Easter. My friends insisted that there was still one more shopping day before Easter. I do have a few dresses in my closet that I've never worn, but I don't know whether Easter is the right day to debut them-- I'm cooking that day, possibly barbecuing. Manipulating mesquite lump charcoal is an activity utterly incompatible with wearing a pretty, new, pastel dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home