Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What a wonderful time in San Simeon! The weather was perfect (it was too hot in LA), flowers were blooming everywhere, and I saw dozens of whales.

I did finish knitting the blanket. I like to cast off using a larger needle than I used for the knitting, in order to have a nice, loose edge. I hadn't brought any extra needles with me (I don't think I really believed I would finish), so I ended up casting off with a pen. Appropriately, it was a pen that had been a promotional gift from the yarn store in Cambria, where I shop whenever I'm in San Simeon. Now, all I have to do is weave in about a million ends, and block it. That shouldn't take more than two days, so I'll still meet my previous estimate that I'll finish Friday. I should have followed my initial impulse to weave in the ends as I went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home