Thursday, March 11, 2010

Have you ever noticed that, the shorter a to-do list is, the longer it takes to accomplish? Yesterday, all I had to do was wash the dishes. That takes ten minutes; I didn't get to it until bedtime. Today, the list said I had to water the yard, do the laundry, and buy groceries. Watering the yard takes about an hour and a half. Two loads of laundry take about two and a half hours. Grocery shopping takes about an hour. Through the miracle of double tasking, I finished it all by 9:30 am. Now I can get back to work on the blanket with a clean conscience.

The cat seriously likes the blanket. As it's now too large to hold on my lap, or in front of me, it is draped over the end tables to the left of my spot in the living room. I can work on the live end without moving the vast bulk of the blanket as a whole. JuJu has chosen a spot on the blanket as her own; she spent about 7 hours there yesterday, without moving. I almost forgot she was there a couple of times. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her as a brown area in the pattern of the blanket. I got her out of my hair this morning by leaving the door to the laundry closet ajar. If there's anything a cat likes more than a hand-knit mohair blanket, it's a basket of warm, clean, vibrating laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home