Monday, March 01, 2010

I got some good yard clean-up done today. It's too bad our yard is so big; by the time I get it all done, the weeds will have grown back on the first spots I cleaned up.

I'm beginning to think that anything that grows as a vine is bad news. Kudzu in the South; ivy in the North. Here in LA, I do constant battle with passion vine, honeysuckle, and moonflower. I don't want to eradicate them entirely. The passion vine attracts butterflies, the honeysuckle, hummingbirds, the moonflower... well, the moonflower was a mistake. I got a lot of honeysuckle reduced today, along with some... can't spell it, the thorny vines that eat houses. Bougainvillea. I also removed some dead roses, and dead branches of a dying apricot tree. I love apricots, but the trees are short-lived around here, as are cherries and plums.

I'm officially at the halfway point of the blanket. Go, me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home