Saturday, February 27, 2010

What I haven't mentioned is the cost of the blanket. On the one hand, it hasn't cost a cent; it's knit entirely out of stash. On the other, each ball of yarn (about 40-50 grams) knits up about 1 1/2 linear inches, >100 inches wide. My maximum bid on vintage mohair on ebay is $5 a skein, and that's what it usually cost me. I'm making this blanket >100 inches long; while the math is easy, I don't want to do it.

It rained on and off all day today. Tom wanted to get out of the house. Since I'm not hearty enough at present to do D-land, and neither of us relishes walks in a downpour, we took our constitutional at an upscale mall in Woodland Hills. It's always nice to see how the other 1% lives, and Tom bought me a set of cake pans to debut at our party next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home