Friday, March 19, 2010

The jasmine is in full bloom, causing the yard to smell as if a 55-gallon drum of perfume had been spilled. I'm digging it. Rationally, I should pull down half the jasmine, as all the overgrown vines give the yard a cave-like feel. They're blocking out the sky! Emotionally, I'll wait until they're done blooming.

I did pull down some more honeysuckle and passion vine. I had mixed feelings about doing so. On the one hand, honeysuckle attracts hummingbirds, and passion vine attracts butterflies. On the other, they smother and kill the plants they grow over. In this case, it's an apple tree and several rose bushes. Must defend the apples and roses!

The sock is coming along. I started it in early January. Aside from having lain it aside to make a king-sized blanket, I can't imagine why it's taking so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home