Thursday, April 01, 2010

The rain we were promised over the last two days didn't materialize. I overslept, and it's illegal here to water after 9 am, so the yard got a very truncated version of irrigation. The rationale for restricting watering during the day is to avoid excessive evaporation, so I searched the DWP website to see whether there was a change in allowed hours during Daylight Saving Time-- nope. I guess evaporation happens according to the clock, not to conditions of sunlight and temperature. Since it's 49 degrees F currently, I wouldn't think evaporation would be a terrible problem.

LA may deny it, but I think half the water restrictions in place are there purely for purposes of revenue enhancement. The city can't raise taxes, but they can make things illegal, and impose fines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home