Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm glad to have finished traffic school before the deadline. In retrospect, it was probably not a good move to start it late in the afternoon of the day before I needed to finish it. It wasn't a hard-and-fast deadline-- the certificate doesn't have to be at the court for over three weeks, yet, but I'm booked solid in the social sense for the next 36 hours, after which Tom and I are driving away for a nine-day trip. Not knowing whether I'd be able to complete the course on the laptop, after signing up on the desktop, it seemed prudent to finish before leaving the house.

I maintain that I was driving as fast as I was when the nice highway patrolman pulled me over because I just happened to be accelerating without noticing-- "velocitating," in the nomenclature of the traffic school class. If I had been driving that fast in order to save time, I failed miserably-- traffic school takes at least 8 hours, even if you're smart and good at taking tests.

I saw my real doctor, the MD, yesterday. I still need to take some more tests, which I'll do after I get back from vacation, but I have a tentative diabetes diagnosis, now. I'm not the least surprised, since all the relatives I have on my mother's side were diagnosed at or near their 50th birthdays, and I'm three years past that. I'm mildly sad at the loss of candy, but I'll live with it. I also have appointments to see an orthopedic surgeon to discuss options related to my back, and a sleep clinic to see whether I need treatment for apnea, or merely earplugs for whomever might be sleeping in the same room with me.

I am less than halfway done with the scarf I'm knitting for Duane, so he'll get it when I pick up the dogs after vacation, rather than when I drop them off before.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home