Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I went to Cannon Beach this morning, to pick up some of Tom's favorite candy, to surprise him when he gets home today. In the interest of efficiency, I had to go across the street, to the excellent yarn shop there. They were having a nice seasonal clearance sale, which made it easy to pick up a couple of skeins of Noro. Love that Noro. This one is pink, white, black, and brown. Come to think of it, it's not that different, in its ingredients, than the Pink Granite (in terms of color), but it's put together differently.

After that, I dropped by the Blue Scorcher. It's easily the best bakery in a town filled with good bakeries, and it's a vegetarian restaurant to boot. Since I have no use for a veggie restaurant when Tom is home (he's meat-and-potatoes guy), I thought I'd check it out. Nope, it was packed. I picked up a couple of pastries and a loaf of bread, and continued on to the grocery store.

For whatever reason, I have had no desire at all to eat farm animals this week. If I lived alone, it would be easy to be almost a vegetarian. Almost, because I still like seafood, and I must have turkey for the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home