Sunday, January 16, 2011

We tried to go to Portland today, but the highway out of Astoria was closed by flooding. It's not my imagination that the weather has been challenging this week.

It was good to get out of the house, though. We stopped in at a local pet supply store, and Safeway. It's not glamorous, but it's what we have.

I very much enjoyed the Golden Globes broadcast. The gowns worn by the actresses involved were lovely, more so than for any other award show in my memory. I loved the vintage details, the beading, the trains and drapery and sheer volume. My favorites were Scarlet Johanssen's, for close-up detail, and Olivia Wilde's, for eye-popping glamour. Most of the guys looked uncomfortable in their tuxedos, except for the ever-lovely Bruce Willis.

It's unlikely that poor Ricky Gervais will be invited to host another one. For such a gifted comedian, he sure misjudged his audience.

I baked a loaf of white bread tonight, with eggs, butter, milk, and sugar, the way Tom likes it. He was pleased. I prefer a more rustic loaf, with nothing but flour, salt, yeast, and water. De gustibus non est...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home