Friday, July 15, 2011

It's just as well that no one reads this blog, since I haven't been posting regularly. Since the last post, I've been to LA and back, and finished the pink/grey alpaca sweater-- sort of. The sleeves are short, I can't lengthen them by adding onto the cuffs as I've run out of that color of yarn, and I'm too lazy to lengthen them in the middle, as Madame Pink-hair (I can never remember her name-- the Canadian designer/teacher who used to be an engineer for the Merchant Marine. See, I know her bio, just not her name.) teaches. In addition, there are about a million ends to weave in, thanks to moth damage that forced me to use many, many short lengths of yarn, and the whole thing has to be blocked. Other than that, it's done.

I'm glad to be back in the Land Where Water Comes from the Sky. It's raining now. And, since I finished (sort of) the sweater, I've started a new project. Since the last one was a three-color colorwork sweater that I designed on the fly, the current project is a garter stitch scarf, to allow recovery time. It uses up nice skeins that I bought in small quantities, so that's a good thing, right? And it gives me a head start on Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home