Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I was frustrated at the shortage in the house of dishes, cereal bowls, and forks, so Tom and I went shopping at various thrift shops and antique stores around town. We saw the magnificent carved wood sea serpent back in its natural environment after many years: a waterfront bar. It's really a great piece of craftsmanship, and it was sad to see it neglected in a used furniture shop for years. According to the clerk at said used furniture shop, it was originally made for the exact location in which it resides now.

I didn't buy the dishes and such that I wanted. I didn't buy anything until we got to the big, new Goodwill store in Warrenton. There, I bought a bunch of colored glassware for the restaurant, and maybe one bowl for the house.

The sweater continues apace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home