Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tom and I took in "Red" today. It's a fun movie. I was reluctant to see it, as I mistook it, based on the trailers, for a conventional spy thriller. No, it was a comic book movie, and I do like comic book movies. Better, it had the best cast assembled for any one movie since "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." I mean, c'mon. Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, *and* Helen Mirrin? A cast so stellar that it has Richard Dreyfuss doing a bit part?

I won't go into any great detail, since the movie just opened, and it's likely that any readers (yeah, right) won't have had a chance to see it yet, but I will say it's a good way to spend $10 and half an afternoon. If there were an Oscar category for best explosions, this movie would have a lock on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home