Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I went back to school to become a nurse because my family needed the income. When I married Tom, years later, we didn't need a second income, so I happily hung up my nursing shoes.

Now, Tom's severance pay has run out, after several months of unemployment, and money has become a worry. We won't run out any time soon, but we will run out eventually, if neither of us brings any in.

I now have an updated, active California RN license in my possession (that's why I took that course in natural medicine a few weeks ago, to refresh my license), but don't want to go back to work. Besides inertia, I'd hate to give up the ability to keep up two houses, and two gardens, in different states. Tom has opened up the possibility of my running a restaurant, as I've been daydreaming about for years. I have the skills; I have the ability. Do I have the will?

I don't have to decide today. I have jury duty next week, and a volunteer shift in San Simeon the week after that. Maybe, by the time I get back from that, I'll have a better idea of what I want to do with my life-- or what I want to be when I grow up, as we say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home