Friday, October 08, 2010

I shouldn't have been surprised that the new dishwasher is much smaller on the inside than the old one was, seeing how it took a lot of searching to find one that was small enough on the outside to be installed without completely remodeling the kitchen. It's faster and quieter than the old one was, too, and it has the added benefits that it gets the dishes clean, and doesn't smell like rats.

The aqua top I finished a few weeks ago, I unfinished. It didn't cover my bra sufficiently, and I'm built in a way that makes a bra essential. I pulled the straps out, reknit the bodice part so it'd be a few inches longer, and am currently knitting new shoulders out of a coordinating yarn. It'll be nice, when it's done. I'll be in class all day tomorrow, so it'll be Sunday before I finish it. Not that I'm adverse to knitting in class, but I'm almost done with the knitting, and I would want to try it on before seaming the shoulders. I don't think that'd go over well.

It seems increasingly unlikely that I'll finish the teal top before the weather turns pleasant for the winter. That's okay; it'll be hot again next year. Maybe then I can get started on scarves, shawls, and hats for winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home