Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's my week at the elephant seal rookery this week, when apocalyptic rains are predicted. If it rains too hard, I'll stay in my car, or retreat back to the motel. That's always enjoyable, anyway.

Finally finished reading "War and Peace." In the end, everyone gets married and lives happily ever after. Everybody who isn't killed, that is.

Still knitting on the garter stitch scarf. I like it. I have a huge cone of laceweight mohair in stash-- I could easily do a sweater, which shouldn't take more than a few months. Maybe I could do a little dying...

Now I remember why I wanted to pack the car today-- it was so I could do it before it started raining. No such luck-- it was raining by noon, 10 hours earlier than predicted. I have some things to donate to the annual fundraising auction that shouldn't get wet. Maybe I'll have better luck next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home