Friday, October 30, 2009

I finished the pastel hat last night before going out to dinner. This morning, I finished the first grey sock of the pair, and started the second as far as the end of the toe increases.

Since I've made so many hats lately, and all of the same design, I should codify the directions. For the perfect simple hat, cast on 120 stitches in worsted weight yarn on size 8 needles. Knit 1x1 rib for 8 inches. Place a stitch marker every 20 stitches. In each subsequent round, k2tog or p2tog before each stitch marker, depending on whether a knit stitch or a purl stitch presents itself. Continue decreasing in this manner until only 2 stitches remain between markers. Break yarn off, leaving an 8 inch tail, thread through 12 remaining stitches, pull tight, and weave in ends.

I'm in a hurry today-- I'll try to talk about variations tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home