Monday, August 22, 2011

Yesterday's laziness morphed into real fatigue; I spent much of the day on the sofa. I decided that I was fighting a virus, so a day spent knitting could be charged as a sick day on my imaginary time card.

I did make enough progress that, the next time I sit down to it, I'll be splitting the torso at the armline. Does that make sense? I mean I've knit around as far as I can, and will now knit back-and-forth to the shoulders.

I invented a new sauce for braised beef. Tom liked it, but I didn't like it enough to add it to the repertoire. It was based on lemon soda (my standard substitute for wine, when cooking for the alcohol-intolerant), with generous additions of mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, and my over salted homemade pickles. I added a lot of water, to correct for it being too tart, thickened it with cornstarch, and finished it with butter to smooth out the rough edges. Good, but not great. The sauce I made with sour cream and paprika was a lot better.

I also spent a couple of hours working on a logo for the restaurant. Tom was shocked at how well I draw.* I was dissatisfied with my best effort;** I made an appointment with a commercial artist for tomorrow. At least I'll be able to show her my rough drafts, so she'll have an idea of what I want.

*The hibiscus is recognizable as a hibiscus.

**But the sandwich looks only approximately sandwich-like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home