Monday, July 18, 2011

I finished the scarf I was working on, garter stitch stripes of black and teal, knit crosswise so the stripes run lengthwise. I intended it as a Christmas present for Tom, but I gave it to him, as he commented that it looked nice.

I tried on the last sweater I made, the colorwork alpaca. Yes, I need to lengthen the sleeves. I'm not looking forward to that. I ran out of the last color I worked the sleeves in, so I'll have to lengthen them in the middle, which is a tad more complicated.

I scrubbed 18 of the chairs we bought second-hand for the restaurant. I'm not accustomed to working that hard, so I'm sooooooore!

An eagle family has moved into a tree a block from our house. Tom and I saw a shooting star while we were pinpointing the eagles' nest. God, I love living in Astoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home