Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I've knit enough of the back, now, that I can sew it to the backs of the sleeves, and proceed from there.

I made a delicious coffee cake today. I made a rich, sweet yeast dough, with 3c flour, 1 1/2t salt, 1/3 c sugar, 2 t yeast, 1 c milk, 6T butter, 1 egg, and 1/2t freshly grated nutmeg. After the requisite risings and kneadings, I stretched it into an oblong, and coated it with about half a batch of butterscotch pudding from Jane and Michael Stern's "Square Meals" cookbook. I rolled it up like a jelly roll, plopped it into a pam-ed bundt pan, and baked at 350 for 45 minutes, after letting it rise again, of course. Delish.

I already gave Tom the polo shirts I bought him for his birthday. I don't feel it's much of a gift. If I had something better, more original and romantic, I'd give him polo shirts just because he needs them, not because it's his birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home