Saturday, March 19, 2011

I had a lot of fun today. Tom took me to a quilt show in Ilwaco this morning, on the condition that we go out for a Thai lunch afterward. There were a number of great quilts in the show, and I love Thai food anyway, so that part of the bargain was no sacrifice. After lunch we went to Seaside, where we picked up an organizer/calendar/wallet for me to use for my business. Once home, I found a tweet from a teaching butcher shop in San Francisco announcing new classes. Using my business credit card, I signed in before the whole pig class could fill up. And, as if all that weren't enough excitement for one day, I made dinner using the Chinese sausage I picked up at the Asian market a couple of days ago. Yippee!

I changed course on the light blue, silk/mohair thingie I'm making. I saw that, as slowly as I was covering space, I'd die of boredom before I'd have knit enough to make a shawl/cape/wrap. Instead, I'm going to stop the 3/4 circle when it has a radius of 10", make another one like it, and call them flutter sleeves for a light summer cardigan. How long the cardigan becomes depends on how long my yarn holds out. It might be full length, or it might be a little bolero. At present, after knitting four days, the object has a radius of 5 1/2 inches, with a stitch count of 150/row. I don't want to do the math to figure out how many stitches/row would be involved if I were to make a wrap with a radius of 3 feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home