Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I spent several hours trying to master what had looked, on paper, like a very simple lace pattern. I must have knit, and frogged, 15 swatches before I got one I thought would do. Finally, I thought, I had that pattern licked. Nope. When I looked at it off the needles, I could see that I had repeated a row out of sequence, and that the resulting flaw would be visible from the back of a galloping horse.

I have set aside the notion of doing a shawl in Arrowhead Lace, and am instead doing one in garter stitch. It'll be a half circle worked from the center out, in a laceweight silk/mohair blend, pale blue, that has been in my stash almost as long as I've been knitting. Doing a big half-circle on size 3 needles, I won't be at a loss for something to do for quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home