Monday, March 14, 2011

Tom and I went to Seaside to see the lawyer today. As it turns out, there is some very simple paperwork that needed to be filled out in order to avoid big problems farther down the road. We were in and out in 15 minutes. They were important papers, but easy to manage.

After Tom got his rear-view mirror fixed, which must have taken all of 10 seconds, we did a little exploring on our own. We tried to check out the local seafood market, only to find that it had gone out of business. The fixtures they had for sale didn't interest me. Then we checked the local Latino market. It was tiny, and had little of interest, but I did buy some black beans and a package of whole nutmegs. From there, we went to the produce market. Alas, I had been expecting a greengrocer, but it was more of a distributor. Our last stop, after picking up dessert at the Blue Scorcher (best bakery in town, possibly in the whole Pacific Northwest), we checked out the local food co-op. It was small, but had an admirable selection of gourmet items, at gourmet prices. There was the usual assortment of hippie necessities, too, but it has become expensive to be a hippie. I didn't buy anything, because of the high prices. I did notice that they carry the two medicinal teas I like, both from Traditional Medicinals. I'll be back, when I have a sad tummy or a nagging cough.

On the knitting front, I did another couple of repeats on the lace thingie I'm working on. That's an exaggeration; I did about a repeat and a quarter. I think I should have cast on fewer stitches. The thing would fit better, and be quicker to knit. I didn't need to make anything for St. Pat's Day, anyway. I have a green tank top I made last summer. While tank top weather hasn't arrived, yet, it would work as a vest over a cotton turtleneck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home