Saturday, October 23, 2010

Most of the day was fine. Waking up at 4 am? Tolerable. Driving to San Simeon, mostly in the dark, part of it in drizzle and fog? Meh. Hanging out with the other docents, chatting between lectures, and knitting through them? Downright enjoyable. Grabbing a veggie burrito at Pancho Villa's on the way home? It's what I live for.

Getting home, to find that a neighbor has cleared ten feet on my side of the property line? I don't want to speak to anyone. I want to move away.

I know the neighbor meant well. Most of what he cut was dead, victim of neglect and water restrictions, but he also removed a live rosebush that climbed over the roof of the aviary, a walnut tree, and 1/3 of a mature lemon tree, all well within my property. I'm livid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home