Sunday, May 02, 2010

Yesterday was a lazy day, and today is even lazier.

Yesterday, I slept until 7, watched TV all day, and didn't get dressed until early afternoon. There was a plan in place; since we knew we'd be making a late night of it, everything was taking place a few hours later than usual. Heck, I ate lunch at 5 pm.

Our friend Alan buys a big block of tickets to the Capitol Steps each year. They're a touring comedy group that specializes in political satire. After the show, we go to one of the best pizza parlors in the West. When your dinner reservation is for 11 pm, you want to have lunch late.

The show was funny, as always, and the pizza was superb.

As we didn't get to bed until 2 am, I shouldn't have been surprised to sleep until 9 am. I haven't slept until 9 in years. It was after 10 by the time we got to the farmers' market, but the woman who sells bagels had saved some egg bagels for Tom. The burrito lady was there, so we bought breakfast. She's a really good cook. This is the farmers' market in Encino, on Victory in between the dog park and the skateboard rink, if anyone wants to check it out. I also highly recommend the huaraches, a kind of giant taco sold at another booth there.

The only knitting I did yesterday was turning the heel of Tom's sock. If I had spent the whole day knitting today, I might have finished today, but that's not happening. C'est la guerre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home