Sunday, April 11, 2010

We had lovely English weather for the opening weekend of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire, which is to say that it was cold and cloudy, threatening rain. I was delighted by this development; my RenFaire costume is black velvet. Any time I'm going to wear black velvet, I'm delighted that the weather turns out cool.

(Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of an old boyfriend, one who used to nag me to lose weight. He has gotten fat.)

We saw a couple of very good shows (I love belly dancing!), ate some tasty, if overpriced, food, and bought a few things we didn't need. I bought several skeins of hand-dyed yarn, a wrap that can be fashioned into a sundress, and a belt to hold up my jeans. Tom bought a couple of cappuccino bowls, and several forms of dehydrated garlic. We also witnessed some family drama among the Canadian geese that are raising their families on the lake; one pair of adults let some singles know that there presence in the neighborhood of their goslings was definitely unwelcome.

There has been no knitting today, so far, but those new skeins of yarn are calling to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home