Friday, April 09, 2010

Other than cooking and washing dishes, I took the day off today. I didn't even make a to-do list.

(If you make a really ambitious to-do list, and complete all the tasks on it, does it become a ta-da! list?)

I spent the day watching the first several episodes of "Life," which I recorded for viewing at a convenient time. Today was convenient. Who knew that Komodo dragons were venomous? I looked it up, since that factoid didn't comport with my already-assembled body of knowledge. Yep, it was just published last May. Komodo dragons are definitely venomous. I'll have to rearrange my knowledge of herpetology.

I also finished the Spot Check socks. Alas, since I didn't tension the yarn the same on both socks, even though I used the same stitch counts throughout, the colors of the handpainted yarn pooled differently. The socks look like cousins, rather than siblings. Sigh. While each is, individually, among the most lovely socks I've yet made, I'll have to wear them with long pants and high shoes. Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home