Monday, April 12, 2010

Okay, so I'm packing to go to San Simeon, relieved that the heavy overnight rain means I don't have to water the yard before I go. I open the kitchen door, in order to put my duffel in the car, and I see that the brush cherry (a big tree) has flopped down. When you give a drought-tolerant plant too much water, it flops. In order to clear the sidewalk, I had to cut several limbs off the cherry, all the while hearing the branches above me go "crack, crack, crack." I had to work fast, to keep the tree from breaking uncontrollably. There's nowhere to put the debris I'm making, because I was diligent in my gardening all week, and the green barrels are all full.

I hope my gardener forgives me. He's the only one who's going to have to fight his way past all that debris, when he mows the lawn tomorrow, and I won't be around to explain. I'll apologize next week.

Now, I'm off to see the wizard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home