Thursday, February 04, 2010

Yesterday, I finished the moss stitch scarf I was making for FES, and now officially declare all FES-related knitting done for this season.

Last night, I spent in the Sleep Lab. The purpose was to determine whether I have sleep apnea. The tech in charge told me that a) he can't give me a diagnosis, but b) if I showed apnea, he'd fit me with a mask and titrate the dose while I slept, so the ordering physician would have all the information he'd need. The tech woke me up to fit me with a mask shortly before midnight, so I think we have our answer.

It was a miserable night. Mandatory lights-out was 9:30 (I usually go to bed at 11), the room was noisy, cold, and not as dark as I prefer, and I was tied down like Gulliver with about 20 straps and sensors. On the other hand, there's something to be said for being able to breathe while lying on one's back.

Excuse me, now, while I wash the sensor glue out of my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home