Sunday, January 31, 2010

I finished the mesh scarf I had been working on. It turned out pretty, if mundane. The next one, which I am already 1/4 to 1/2 done with, will be different. It's knit crosswise, with enough k2tog's and yo's to make it wiggle. Whether it's 1/4 or 1/2 done depends on whether I make it skinny, as the pattern indicates, or do a couple more repeats to make it wider. I'll probably do the later. This yarn is mostly wool, with a wrapping of metallic thread. Pretty.

I went to the old knitting club I used to attend, because Sharon had told me that one of the members was collecting fabric to be used for quilts for charity. Yay-- an opportunity to destash! I kept what I thought I might use, put the nice, SFnal part of what I wouldn't use aside, as a hostess gift for a friend who sews competitively and professionally in the SF community, and the rest I brought to the meeting. That part was four bags. The seamstress will get another three. I didn't consolidate what I have left, so there are as many bins as before, but they are lighter.

One of the women at the meeting was selling Girl Scout cookies. I didn't put myself forward, as I shouldn't have sweets. She mentioned to one of the other women, though, that one could buy the cookies and have them donated to the local food bank. I went for that-- I can't have sweets, but that won't stop me from buying cookies.

Must water yard, tomorrow. The wet weather was nice while it lasted, but it couldn't last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home