Thursday, January 28, 2010

I finished yesterday's scarf yesterday, and cast on another today. This one is a vintage French mohair with a weird twist: every few feet, it incorporates unspun locks of mohair in a different color. The effect on the finished fabric is to have a raised tuft appearing at irregular intervals. It wouldn't be my first choice, but someone will like it.

Within a couple of hours, I could tell that I wouldn't have enough of the mohair to make a scarf of decent length. I looked in stash for black mohair for a center section (the main yarn is red with black locks), but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I did find some Alpaca with a Twist "Punch" in black, two balls. I held it double and started knitting. I'm in love. Even garter stitch looks rich and exotic in this yarn, soft, shiny, and crimped. I looked it up online as soon as we declared "TV off," in case I wanted to buy enough of it to make myself something. As with many of my exotic yarns, this was a one-off included in a lot on eBay. I may have to pick up some more of this.

I saw a neurosurgeon today. He doesn't think I'll need back surgery, maybe some shots into my back for pain. I have to get some x-rays done, to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home