Thursday, November 10, 2011

I finished the little brown scarf this morning, and I'm thrilled with it beyond words. The design is simple, elegant, and unique. The yarn is refined, with just enough imperfection/irregularity to make it transcendent. I blocked it, and found that it's more beautiful than I dared imagine. If I give it away, it'll have to be a knitter, because only a knitter would be able to see how special it is. To a non-knitter, it'd only be a little brown scarf.

Tom and I took a drive down to Tillamook in the afternoon. We made a couple of stops along the way, for shopping and snacks (chocolate malts at the Chocolate Cafe in Cannon Beach-- mega-yum). At the Habitat for Humanity ReStore just north of Tillamook, we found a large desk unit for Tom, a folding bookcase for me, and a working TV twice the size of the one we're currently using, all for a total of $120. That's a deal.

When we got home, after buying cheese and Christmas presents in Tillamook, and enjoying a sensational sunset/moonrise on the way home, I finally started knitting up the mohair I mentioned yesterday. I decided to go with the ruana, both because I don't already have one, and it's the most mindless option. Sue me: I like mindless knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home