Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tom's hand isn't noticeably better, so he's likely going back to the doctor's office tomorrow. I've told him that, if the problem organism is sensitive to the antibiotic given, he should have felt much better by now. He's susceptible to infections, and hard to treat, as he's allergic to most antibiotics. Sigh.

After finishing the firecracker scarf, I started another with leftovers of a couple of different yarns. I had a full skein of Shimmer 5, a super-duper bulky thick-and-thin that knits up at 2 stitches/inch on size 13 needles, and a partial skein of a bulky silk/wool blend ( whose name I forget) that knits up at 4 stitches/inch on size 10s. I cast on ~150 on a long size 13 with the Shimmer 5, and knit in garter until I ran out of yarn. Then, with a size 10, I knit into both the front and back of each stitch with the other yarn, still in garter. The scarf, once I finish casting off, will be about 4 inches wide, and 7 ft long. I've already started casting off, having only started this evening. That's the magic of thick yarn and big needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home