Thursday, July 21, 2011

I finished the rainbow scarf today, which is to say I ran out of yarn and cast off. I went to JoAnn's to get supplies for a floor mat with our slogan, "Shalom, Amigos!", to be stitched or hooked by me. The potential price for such a thing scared me off (in excess of $100), so I just got some fabric to cover the chairs in question, which was also $100.

Since egg bagels are unobtainable for love or money here in the Northwest, I'm going to have to bake my own. I started practicing today. The first batch came out okay, not great. Since I want to have great bagels at my restaurant, I'll be practicing daily until I get them right.

I've read through a cook book Tom inherited from his mom. I was surprised to find a couple of my old favorites there, which I had never identified as "Jewish." I had also been surprised when I re-read Claudia Roden's book; I found some dishes there that I specifically knew as Puerto Rican. People move around, I guess, and pick up recipes wherever they go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home