Friday, May 21, 2010

Once I had finished the toe increases on the new sock, I pulled out my go-to sock books, Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, and Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski, to choose a pattern. (In the interest of full disclosure, I should specify that I don't really follow the patterns; I plug a stitch into my usual sock formula. It works.) I'm leaning toward the Whirlpool socks from the latter book. I'd be doing them without the beads, due to laziness. I don't have the right beads on hand, and don't want to go out shopping for them. I think it'd be a nice change, though, to have a pattern that doesn't go straight up the leg.

The weather forecast calls for a perfect day: sunny, temperature in the 70s, without the dratted wind we had yesterday. I almost feel guilty for staying indoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home