Tuesday, May 18, 2010

There's a definite learning curve involved in the Sea Lettuce Scarf. When I started it, last August, it was hard. Not that it was hard in and of itself, but I don't routinely follow patterns, so it was hard to get the hang of it.

Then, I left Oregon, and left my knitting there as well. That was in August. Circumstances forced me to cancel my October trip, so I couldn't pick up my work-in-progress until January. Naturally, I had left the pattern in LA, so I reinvented it as well as I could remember, after a gap of five months. Once I got into the rhythm of it, it was easy, but boring. I had to think about every stitch, but there wasn't much to think about.

By the time I had finished the first ball of yarn (Thank Heaven Sharon gave me an extra half-skein she had on hand; one skein only made it 26" long.), the pattern was second nature, and it is now an official relaxing knit. It just took eight months to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home