Tuesday, February 08, 2011

So, I got instruction in the exercises I need to do to strengthen my knees yesterday. Today, I did the prescribed exercises. Boy, do my quads hurt.

I finished the Taiyo scarf this morning, and promised Tom I wouldn't cast on another project until I took the test for an Oregon driver's license. I had to do this in order to pack to move here, too. When I have a project going, I can't stop knitting for anything. When I'm between projects, I can't wait to start a new one.

I did sew on the buttons for my Pink Granite cardigan. In doing so, I learned that I can't count, even to single-digit numbers. I thought I had seven buttonholes, so I bought seven buttons. After sewing them on, I found that there was still another buttonhole, with no corresponding button. The cardigan had eight buttonholes, and I had made them. Luckily, Tom had finished his errands for the day, and was happy to drive me to Seaside to pick up another button. I bought two, just in case.

With luck, I'll have an Oregon driver's license and a new car by the end of the week. If not, I may have to break my promise to Tom, and cast on a new project anyway. It has only been eight hours since I finished the scarf, and I'm already getting anxious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home