Tuesday, August 03, 2010

After finishing the toe increases on the new alpaca socks, I decided I wasn't satisfied with the fabric I was getting, so I ripped it all back, and started over on smaller needles. Now, I'm a little past where I was when I ripped it out.

I should go into a little detail about my new slippers, which I wore this morning, and which are very, very comfortable. They're done in Lamb's Pride Worsted, held double, and knit on #10 needles. This yielded a very dense fabric. I cast on 22 by the Magic method http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html
increased to 38, knit even (all in stockinette) until I had a total of 8 inches, did a short-row heel, an inch and a half of ankle, and cast off on size 13 needles for flexibility. I washed them in cold water, gentle cycle, hoping for a slight fulling, but not a full felting. They could stand more fulling, but they're quite wearable as is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home