Saturday, July 17, 2010

Since it was ferociously hot in LA today, and we had Santa Barbara on the mind, Tom and I tried to go to Santa Barbara today. We failed, as we weren't the only people with that idea. Traffic was bad, crawling along at an average 15 mph on the 101. We got as far as Ventura, which was still on the beach, and pleasantly not-hot.

Since we couldn't get to Solvang for pastries, we stopped at Bea's Bakery, off Reseda just north of Ventura Blvd. in Tarzana. Wow! I've known Bea's was there for as long as I've lived here, 11+ years. They've been 11+ wasted years, but no more. They make as good an eclair there as you can get in Solvang, and a mighty fine rye bread, too. I'm looking forward to trying their almond crescents for breakfast; almond crescents are among the finest of God's creations, or a baker's.

Not much progress on the knitting. We were out most of the day, and, when I got home, I was so sleepy I couldn't knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home