Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm 1/3 of the way done with the top I'm knitting. At least, I'd better be, as I've used up 1/3 of the yarn I have, and I can't get more. I'm using the simplest possible stitch pattern that's not garter stitch or stockinette: round one, knit 13, yo, k2tog, repeat to end. Round two, knit every stitch. This yields a field of stockinette, punctuated every 2 1/2 inches with a column of eyelets, in my gauge of 6 stitches/inch. I know I'm tired when I can't figure out what round I'm on, plain or patterned.

Francis Lam's eggplant recipe turned out good, but no better than my usual technique with eggplant, of cutting it up and cooking it any old way until it's done. A mistake I won't make again was to use white wine for the unspecified "liquid" in the recipe. The resulting dish was tart, which I didn't want from an eggplant. Stock or water would give a more mellow result. Mushroom stock, to keep the results vegetarian-friendly.

I had dinner with an Emmy-winner last night. Congrats to Craig, animation writer extraordinaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home