Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm about 2 feet into the scarf I started last night, about 1/3 done. I don't need this scarf, and I'm not currently attached to any charitable organizations that need it, so I'll likely give it to my friend who is currently living in Canada. Did I already say that?

I've neglected to say that, while I was doing the sleeves on the last project, I wanted a second short circular with a size 13 tip. The price of Addi Turbos has increased by several dollars since I last bought some, which caused me to hesitate. The clerk at the yarn store in Cannon Beach showed me the Knitpicks cable and tips, which, together, cost several dollars less than the Addis. I took them home, and fell in love.

The look of the Knitpicks is an obvious winner. I like the look of dyed and laminated wood; I'm on my second laminated wood walking stick. What I didn't know is that the cable does not twist from the memory of the package, as so many inexpensive cables do, but remains flexible and amenable to my every wish. The tips are satin-smooth, and so sharp that I had to change my hand positions to avoid injuring myself. This needle was a real pleasure to work with.

I've started experimenting with a recipe for the chocolate competition coming up in a few weeks. I don't win every year, only when I work at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home