Friday, December 17, 2010

I have no idea how anyone musters the organizational skills to move; I'm barely managing to get it together enough to make Christmas happen.

My party is tomorrow. I have baked two cakes, which won't deteriorate noticeably in one day. All the food and beverages I will need are already in the house except for rye bread and ice, which Tom will acquire tomorrow. At this time, I should either light a fire to smoke the pastrami, or butcher the chickens that will be cooked with rice tomorrow. What I'd rather do is sit in front of the TV and watch the shows I missed last night.

We went to Disneyland last night, figuring it was our last chance to see the Christmas lights and fireworks before school let out for winter break. Disneyland can be intolerably crowded when school's not in session, so I saw it as our last chance. If we do end up in Oregon full-time, as opposed to summers only, trips to D-land will become rare. We've already decided not to renew our annual passes this year, since our income is uncertain and our address is changing. I've promised Tom one more trip together before I move to Oregon, after the New Year. He'll have more chances to go, as he's still planning to commute back and forth between Astoria and LA for a while. Our passes still have a few months on them.

So busy. So busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home