Sunday, December 12, 2010

I spent most of the day flat on the sofa, disabled by a backache. I'm not sure whether I should go to my usual pain doc tomorrow, or urgent care, but I'm going to do one or the other.

I did spend the morning working out a cable design for the pink sweater. I'm not totally sure I'll have enough yarn, as cables eat yarn, or if the stitch count I cast on will be roomy enough, once I've done the crossovers. In either case, I want to practice some of the stitches (unfamiliar to me) on swatches, rather than take a chance on having to frog out the whole sweater if I have trouble with a stitch.

While looking for waste yarn to practice stitches on, I located yarn that matches a hat I gave Tom a couple of years ago, so somehow a scarf for Christmas has leapfrogged to the head of the queue. I also found some linen/merino blend that matches a problem tank top. I knit the whole top in stockinette, so of course the armholes and neckline curl unattractively. Now that I have the right yarn at hand, I can knit up a nice border, and have something I can wear. Since I'm moving to Oregon in winter, I think I should consider this particular garment a vest, rather than a tank top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home