Thursday, December 30, 2010

I don't know how I miscrossed one cable in a row. All the cables in any given row cross the same way, so it doesn't make sense that the rest were right, and one was wrong. When I discovered the error a few rows later, I was so determined not to tink back to the mistake that I took it upon myself to figure out how to fix it with a crochet hook. I didn't do a good enough job to enter the sweater in a county fair, but the mistake wouldn't be visible from a galloping horse.

As cold as it is, I wish I had started this sweater a week or two earlier, so it'd be done by now. I left most of my woolen sweaters in Oregon, since it "never" gets this cold in LA. Our furnace had failed sometime while we were gone, and can't be fixed until next week. With the aide of space heaters, we can keep two rooms tolerably warm, but we're wearing sweatshirts indoors to endure forays to the rest of the house. As Tom has observed, we should have stayed in northern Oregon, where we were warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home