Sunday, September 18, 2011

It rained again today, but that didn't keep us away from the crafts fair. There are only three weeks left in the season, so we have to make hay while the rain shines. I bought a small skein of lovely handspun; iirc, it is hand-dyed silk and natural black alpaca. I could be wrong about that, but it's a lovely, rosy black. There's only enough to make something small, maybe 115 yards of something finer than sportweight but heavier than laceweight. I'd call it sock weight, but it's much too delicate to use for socks, and not nearly enough.

I bought some lovely sole for lunch, and then was flattened by an 8-hour stomach bug. I wonder whether I'm well enough to attempt some dinner? That sole won't be nearly as delicious tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home