Sunday, September 05, 2010

We did not go to Santa Barbara today, thank Heaven. We took it very easy, as the last couple of days have been pretty high-activity. Hint: I did all my usual chores yesterday, before going to Santa Barbara for the whole day, and then some. Today, we just went to the farmers' market to pick up some bread and fruit, fresh strawberries being the mainstay of my diet when I'm trying to keep my weight down.

After several hours of vegging, we went to see Roy Zimmerman at the Coffee Gallery. I do so enjoy his work. I've been acquainted with him, very slightly, for something close to 20 years. He's a talented songwriter and political satirist. His set tonight included some classic material that he has updated, and some new material, as well. He's always worth seeing.

Tom got an invitation to a pool party, hosted by an old friend he sees so rarely that I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a lineup. I think I've never met him, although I could be wrong about that. We accepted, for sure. No one turns down a pool party in this weather.

I was bone-tired all day, so I didn't turn the heel on the sock I'm working on. Turning heels requires a bit of concentration. Instead, I cast on another top, this one in an aquamarine rayon/silk blend. I've gotten as far as the garter stitch band at the bottom. I think I'll do the torso in a modified stockinette, with the occasional yo-k2tog, and a garter stitch yoke. That should be enough interest. Since I like to make things that are easy to knit, it's fortunate that I also like simple clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home